Every demographic has its own critical issues when it comes to healthcare. For men, two things stand out. The suicide rate is worryingly high, whilst prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK.
The persistence of these health issues and others among men is aggravated by their reluctance to visit their GP, to seek help from a counsellor or to ask for support.
In this webinar, we consider some key issues in men’s health, and explore the pivotal life stages that can create greater challenges for health. We look at how we can support each other, and what support is specifically available for men. This webinar is designed for, and open to, all genders.
- Disparities between genders in seeking healthcare
- The challenges of different life stages
- The influence of social media on men’s health
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Impact of relationships on health
- Where to get support