There are three types of evidence required to support your application as below:
Proof of banking service – BWC would accept one of the following:
- A Payslip, P60 or P45
- An email from current bank email address
- A permanent or fixed term contract which shows the name of the bank as your employer
- A pension statement or letter
In extreme cases, for example, for former employees where no documentation is available, applicants can complete an HMRC document to request confirmation of employment history. In these cases, BWC would usually process the grant whilst waiting for letter from HMRC. For more information or to access the application form, visit the dedicated HMRC webpage here.
Proof of income – BWC would require one or a combination of the below:
- Bank statement (2/3 months) (this may show all income so other proof not needed)
- Pension statement
- Benefits confirmation
- Accounts (if self-employed)
Proof of key household related outgoings:
- Water bill
- Rent/mortgage (inc ground rent/service charge)
- Council tax/rates
If the grant is for something specific, BWC would also expect to see the bill/invoice outlining their liability or two quotes outlining the likely cost.
If the grant is for equipment, BWC would expect medical confirmation it is appropriate for their condition (or in some cases may be able to arrange an Occupational Therapist).