A decade and more of slow wage growth, a long-lasting pandemic and a cost-of-living crisis that has seen energy costs soar, means that many households have seen their incomes plummet. In these circumstances, maximising income and knowing what support is available are key in navigating and reducing the impact of the cost-of-living hike.
This webinar looks at the state of personal finances in the UK. We’ll explore what we mean by financial wellbeing and how it links into other important areas of our wellbeing, like mental health. We’ll also look at some steps we can take to protect our finances and identify some key sources of support, including from the Bank Workers Charity.
- Understanding financial wellbeing
- The reasons many people are struggling
- The state of our personal finances in the cost-of-living crisis
- How financial wellbeing affects other areas of our wellbeing
- What leads people into financial difficulty
- Some steps we can take to protect our finances
- How the Bank Workers Charity has helped people experiencing financial problems