Skip to content

How to access help in an emergency

Here are some contact details you may find useful:

If you need local support you may want to contact your local authority for help with housing, social care and health care matters. You can find your local council by visiting the GOV.UK website.

If someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk, call 999. If it’s not a life-threatening emergency and you or the person you’re with doesn’t need immediate medical attention, please visit the NHS website or call the NHS Helpline on 111.

For support, advice and information in dealing with the loss of a loved one, please visit Cruse Bereavement Care’s website or call their free Helpline on 0808 808 1677

If you’re having a difficult time and would like information and support, please visit Mind’s website.

If you’d like to talk to someone about what you’re going through, you can call the Samaritans Helpline for free on 116 123

If you’d like to talk to someone for help with domestic abuse, you can:

For information on relationship support, please visit Relate’s website.

For advice and practical solutions to problem debt, please call Stepchange Debt Charity’s free Helpline on 0800 138 1111.

If you are in need of financial support, please visit the Turn2us website for help with claiming welfare benefits and grants.

You can also find more information by visiting the Citizens Advice website.

If you are homeless or at risk of losing your home, you can:

For help with accessing emergency boxes of food, you can:

Illustration depicting a mental health matters.

Sign up to our quarterly eNewsletter


Be the first to learn about and have access to our new wellbeing support services to ensure your mental and physical health remain a top priority.