Some of our achievements during the 2018-2019 financial year
Through our investment of £4m in the development and delivery of our charitable activities we were able to help more current and former bank employees and their families than ever before.
What we delivered:
- 142,902 interventions to our clients across our online and telephone advice, support services and financial help, up 29% on the previous year
- 5,400 service interventions were provided by our team of specialist client advisors
- 173 home visits were made by our visiting case workers, providing our most at need clients with advocacy, guidance and services
- £1m was provided in grants to our clients
- £1.25m in our social investment portfolio which is aligned with our charitable objectives
"The best thing I did was make contact with BWC. The help provided has helped turn things round for me."
What our clients said:
- 90% said they would recommend us to a friend or bank colleague
- 99% said our staff were friendly
- 88% said our support or advice helped resolve the problem
- 89% felt less stressed as a result of our support
"BWC have been superb. My case handler has showed real empathy to me in what’s been a very dark period of my life."