The HSBC Support Fund aims to help current and former HSBC employees and their dependants in the UK with unexpected financial difficulties brought about by life events such as divorce, bereavement or domestic abuse. The fund is a scheme devised by HSBC, and is administered by the Bank Workers Charity (BWC).
You can apply for support for yourself and your dependants. In order to qualify, you should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a current or former HSBC employee based in the UK*
- You have worked in the banking sector for a minimum of one year. In line with BWC’s standard grant-giving criteria, individuals with a longer banking history (greater than five years) will be prioritised.
- BWC will also want to know about your employment history within banking, in assessing eligibility for individuals who are not currently working at HSBC
- You have savings or investments of less than £16,000
- You are experiencing financial hardship as a result of an unexpected emergency
* excludes Channel Island and Isle of Man due to differences in tax treatment
What the scheme offers
The scheme is intended to offer financial support for those who have experienced an unforeseen event that is beyond their control, which has resulted in reduced income or increased expenditure.
HSBC recognises that people’s needs are varied and an unexpected event has the potential to disrupt even the best-laid plans, so there isn’t a definitive list of circumstances under which you can apply.
Examples may include, but are not limited to: repairs to essential appliances which may have broken; mobility equipment; funds to help you escape an abusive relationship; or home adaptations if you or a dependant has a disability.
To learn more about the help and support available, please visit the Client stories page.
"The HSBC Support Fund will be available to eligible employees and their dependants as well as former colleagues. Individuals can apply for financial grants where life events are creating hardship such as divorce, domestic abuse and loss of a partner.
By partnering with BWC, we're able to provide support to our employees in a way that maintains complete confidentiality and impartiality at a time when they need it most."
Ian Stuart, CEO, HSBC UK